Banana Split Ice Cream Topping
- 1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple in own juice
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, sliced and drained
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Freshly sliced bananas (optional)
In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple with the juice and the sugar. Bring to high heat; then reduce heat to simmer for about 30 minutes. Cook until all of the juice has evaporated. Add drained cherries, cut in half, nuts, and banana slices, if desired; gently mix. Serve over ice cream; refrigerate to store. Will freeze.