Jane's Pecan Rice Recipe
- 3 (10-1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup raw regular rice
- 3 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped with tops
- 8 ounce sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1(10-oz.) package frozen small green peas, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- prepTime PT10M
- cookTime PT25M
- totalTime PT35M
- recipeYield 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes.
Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil; then stir in the rice. Cover and reduce heat to simmer; cook 20 minutes. In a medium skillet, melt margarine, and add the pecans. Stir and cook for 2 minutes; then add green onions, mushrooms, and red pepper. Saute for an additional 3 minutes. When rice has completed the cooking time, add the pecan mixture to the cooked rice along with the remaining ingredients. Serves 6.