Ann's Asparagus and Pecan Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 lb fresh asparagus ( use only young and tender) or
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- prepTime PT10M
- cookTime PT7M
- totalTime PT17M
- recipeYield 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Cook Time: 7 minutes.
Total Time: 27 minutes.
Cook asparagus in boiling, salted, water about 6 or 7 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook. Drain; then rinse under cold water, and drain again. Place the drained asparagus in a shallow baking dish in a single layer. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, and pour over the asparagus. Tilt the baking dish several times to allow the marinade to flow over the asparagus spears. Cover and refrigerate. Tilt baking dish several more times before serving to marinate evenly. Serves 6 to 8